Sidney is located just 20 kilometers north of Victoria. Both large and small rural properties are available in the Central and North Saanich areas.
The Town of Sidney, or Sidney by the Sea, is a gateway to some of the best boating waters in the world. Residents range from retirees to young families. There are recreational facilities available to suit all. Stroll along the waterfront to the Centennial Bandstand and enjoy a musical interlude or a sailboat regatta, or ride the “Little Ferry” to Sidney Spit Marine Park. Other activities in Sidney include boating, kayaking, canoeing, scuba diving, golfing, biking, tennis, boat charters, and amenities include hotels/motels/bed and breakfast, moorage and shopping. Sidney has over 100 shops, boutiques and art galleries. It offers a wide selection of friendly restaurants, outdoor cafes and pubs where you can enjoy the sunshine and fresh seafood.
Population: over 11,000
The Town of Sidney is located on the Saanich Peninsula on Vancouver Island, approximately 20 kilometers north of Victoria, the Capital City of British Columbia. It can be reached by air or sea from the mainland and lies just minutes away from the Victoria International Airport and the BC Ferries.
- Sidney Days and Canada day celebrations
- Enjoy outdoor music concerts at the bandstand from July through September.
- Visit the Sidney Summer Market every Thursday evening from June through August. Local artisans, musicians, bakery items and agriculture make this market a family event. Come for dinner, pick up your product and be entertained all in one place.
- Ring in the Christmas season with the Sidney Santa Parade and Lighted Boat Sail Past.
- Visit one of the world class attractions in Sidney, including the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre, Butchart Gardens, Butterfly Gardens, Heritage Acres and Mineral World and Scratch Patch.